Hours of Operation
Open Season: Summer
- May (Victoria Day weekend) – October (Thanksgiving Weekend)
- Tuesday – Sunday 10 am – 3 pm
Address: 1037 Highway 54 and Chiefswood Road
P.O. Box 640, Ohsweken, ON, N0A 1M0
*Subject to change depending on reservations and bookings. Contact us to schedule a tour. Tours are available during the closed season by appointment only.
- Guided Tour: $10.00/person
- Self-Guided Tour: $7.00/person
- Limited parking space is available – 6 vehicles max.
- School buses are asked to park on the side of the driveway.
Visitor Code of Conduct
Chiefswood National Historic site is the birthplace and childhood home of famed Mohawk English Poetess, E. Pauline Johnson and is home to pieces of her collection. The Chiefswood Museum is open to all, but we ask there to be respectful sharing of the space and resources to ensure an enriching and cultural experience for all visitors. We ask that everyone adhere to the following guidelines while visiting Chiefswood National Historic Site.
- Visitors are to refrain from shouting, running or disruptive behavior.
- Visitor are to refrain from abusive behavior or threatening language.
- Visitors expected of being intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be asked to leave the historic site.
- Visitors are expected to wear proper attire including shirt and shoes at all times.
- To preserve the artifacts visitors are to not touch or lean on the display.
- Photography is permitted for personal use only, with hand-held equipment. Please exercise care when taking close up photos. The use of tripods, monopods etc. is not permitted unless pre-approval has been granted.
- The use of strollers is permitted.
- Pets are not allowed in the site. Service animals are permitted upon the presentation of certification.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed within the site.
- The use of weapons is not permitted.
** Please be aware that Chiefswood National Historic Site is home to honey bees and is surrounded by its natural environment so please be aware of any allergens that could possibly be around. **
|E. Pauline Johnson note pad and wooden pen (black ink)||$8.00|
|Chiefswood National Historic Site pin||$3.00|
|Flint and Feather, complete works of E. Pauline Johnson||$20.00|
|Coloured postcard of Chiefswood National Historic Site||$1.00|
|White postcard of Chiefswood National Historic Site logo||$1.00|
|Memoirs book written by Evelyn Johnson||$15.00|
|Faithfully Yours exhibit catalogue||$30.00|
|E. Pauline Johnson travel mug||$10.00|
*All Items are Available at Chiefswood National Historic Site or Six Nations Tourism.
Signing the photo and video release form enables Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation (SNGRDC) and Chiefswood permission to publish the materials without restrictions.